Letter from Trey
A Message from LFEA President Trey Burvant
Happy New Year!
On behalf of the LFEA Executive Board, and as your new incoming President, I want to extend to you and your families our very best wishes in the New Year.
As you know, in the 2017 Legislative session, LFEA and its partners were able to stabilize the film program and protect it from drastic cuts. This was accomplished through incredible lobbying efforts, consistent meetings with numerous legislators before and during the session, grass roots efforts and public relations outreach. The fruit of this labor is starting to be seen with facilities being booked left and right for work in 2018.
What’s happened since the session? In the past quarter, LFEA has:
- Traveled to Los Angeles for AFM, had numerous meetings with studio executives and producers encouraging them to book Louisiana for their films. (Again, some of this is starting to happen now!)
- Conducted numerous meetings with LED and the Dept. of Revenue to get on the same page moving forward.
- Held a strategic retreat with LFEA executive board members in Lafayette to decided our path forward for the next year.
- Continued to meet with Legislators to discuss the importance of the film industry to Louisiana residents, small businesses and local communities across the state.
- Hosted LFEA meetings and gatherings in Shreveport, Lafayette and New Orleans to network with film supporters in each of these cities. (We will continue doing this across the state in 2018.)
- Held our annual LFEA membership meeting to answer questions and solicit your feedback as we move forward.
LFEA’s focus for the coming year is on membership, communication, and legislative outreach. We will be rolling out new membership options in the new year, updating our communication efforts to you and continuing our consistent legislative outreach efforts.
LFEA will continue to support, promote and defend the film and entertainment industry. Your support and vigilance in helping us remain “on guard” is never taken lightly and we greatly appreciate your support. If you have any questions or feedback, please email me at email@example.com.